Governed by the Character, Attributes, Nature and Desires of God, the Principles of God form a framework for the Laws of God in the universe. Each Law is governed by the principles, and therefore automatically fulfills the purposes and objectives of the principles.
The entire universe, every creature in the universe, including man, is governed by the Laws of God, under the supreme authority of God, the Creator, whether one knows or does not know God. God has created mathematical and scientific laws which permanently govern the material universe of physical creations such as the human body, but also the spiritual universes of spiritual creations such as the spiritual body, and the emotional universes specific to the human soul, the highest creation in the universe. These are all laws of Love that maintain the universe, and determine the abilities, power, and potential of every creation and creature in the universe, without any need or desire for intervention on the part of the Creator.
The Divine Truth teachings explain how to discover the Principles of the Laws of God in a more efficient and rapid way than researching each individual law by the scientific method of research by experimentation, error and trial and error: by developing a personal relationship with God.
Understanding the Principles and Laws of God requires following “The Way of God”. Without transformation at the level of the human soul, the intellectual capacity of the spirit, and the emotional capacity of the soul remain limited, finite, illogical and unable to comprehend the infinite Wisdom of God, His Principles and His Laws. Jesus shared some principles in hopes of inspiring people on the path to discovering the Laws of God, and the nature of God. More information on the God Principles can be found on the Divine Truth website, www.divinetruth.com under “Assistance group” Resources “Understanding God’s Loving Laws”. The summary can be downloaded (in English) from the following link (click on Documents): link.
Each Law is based on great principles, and directly affects the individual and collective happiness of mankind in the sense that, when obeyed, voluntarily or in ignorance, it creates a joyful positive compensation on the individual with a positive effect on the community, and when it is violated, willfully or in ignorance, it creates a painful correction on the individual with a negative effect on the community.
Some of the main Principles can be grouped into classes for the purpose of examining them:
These principles form the foundation of the universe itself, and also allow us to obtain some basic facts about God and His personality, Nature, Attributes, Characteristics and desires.
Principles of Love
- Ensures that Love governs all other Principles of God
- Ensures that Love is enforced, binding and upheld in all the Laws of God
- Ensures that all of God’s creations experience God’s Love to varying degrees
- Ensures that all of God’s creations demonstrate and facilitate the flow of God’s Love as a principle
- Enables the potential for the human soul to enter into a love-based relationship with God
Principles of Truth
- Ensures that God’s Truth is inextricably joined with God’s Love as the highest principle
- Ensures that God’s Truth is reinforced and binding
- Ensures that all creation lives within the framework of mathematical, scientific, spiritual and emotional fact
- Ensures precision and certainty in the making and setting of the creation
Principles of Life
- Allows the energy of God to be given to living creatures
- Ensures life energy is transferred during procreation
- Aims for life to be promoted, nurtured, respected and supported
- Ensures imbalance is prevented and repaired
- Ensures that matter that “dies” is transformed to promote life
- Ensures that an expansive change is imposed on all matter
- Ensures that growth is supported, encouraged and maintained
- Ensures that positive development and evolution occurs for all subject matter
- Ensures that higher capacities can develop in creation
- Ensures the self-determination of the human soul
- Ensures that an improved condition of love develops over time
- Allows life to adapt to destructive environments created by humans
Principles of Economy
- Ensures equal value of resources (time, matter and energy) in all of God’s creations
- Ensures the economical use of resources to create function in all of God’s creations
- Ensures the automation of laws and creations (no need for maintenance)
- Ensures Principles of Economics are incorporated into creation and law
Principles of Function
- Ensures equal value of result (results, beauty, and use of resources of time, matter, and energy) in all of God’s creations
- Ensures that each of God’s Laws and creations have multiple functions automatically fulfilled
- Ensures the economical use of resources to create multifunctionality in all of God’s creations
- Provides function and result automation
- Ensures creation instinctively “wants” to fulfill results
- Ensures that the Laws of God are immutable, constant, permanent and in automatic application
- Ensures that the Laws of God are structured, verifiable and mathematical
- Ensures that the Laws of God are measurable, quantifiable and observable
- Ensures that God’s creations have security and predictability in the universe
- Ensures that intrinsic rules are placed in each creation (example: genetics)
- Ensures that the intrinsic rules determine the potentials, energy flow and properties of creation
- Ensures external rules affect the properties and energy of each creation
- Ensures that external rules allow for the expansion of the properties and energy of each creation
- Ensures external rules allow for new laws and creations
- Ensures external rules control the flow of energy between creations
Principles of order
These principles concern the place of the human soul in the universe, how it affects the universe itself and the lower creations in the universe, and the role of the human soul in the universe.
Principles of Hierarchy
- Determines the law hierarchy according to the complexity of each law
- Determines the creation hierarchy based on the complexity of each creation
- Ensures that more complex creation is governed by more complex laws
- Ensures that the highest creations and laws wield more power, have more energy and more complex properties
- Ensure that everything is under the authority of God
- Ensures that the Laws of God control and govern all creation
- Ensures that the Laws of God allow human souls to share governance.
- Each human soul governs automatically but the power of governance is determined by development (degree of harmony with the Laws of God)
Principles of Responsibility
- Forces people to be responsible
- Encourages the human to desire self-responsibility
- Allow God to reward true self-responsibility with role responsibility. (Role responsibility is a compensating gift given to those who are self-responsible)
What is Self-responsibility? Self-responsibility is the requirement of self-awareness imposed by law, of seeking truth, love and understanding of all principles of Love and law, and taking responsibility and expression loving our will, desire, passion, emotion, attitudes, intentions, thoughts and actions in harmony with God’s Principles and laws. A level of personal responsibility is measured by God, not as the perfect expression of humility, love, or desire for the truth, but by the sincere desire to attain that state.
- Aims to educate the human soul about the concept of sin
- Ensures that compensation (reward or correction) is provided to the soul
- Ensures that self-responsibility is the measure of compensation
- Forces the highest creation (human souls) to be responsible and held responsible
- Compensates consistently and predictably based on the soul’s level of self-responsibility, whether the external environment is affected or not
Soul Specific Principles
These Principles determine the Laws governing the potential of the human soul in the universe, and how the human soul progresses or evolves, or regresses in the universe.
Principles of Will
The human will is the sincere personal expression of the gift of free will, is determined by the present emotional condition of the soul, is developed by desire, is measured by its relative harmony with the Principles of God, and directs thoughts, beliefs, attitudes, actions, permissions of inspiration and responses to the memories of the individual:
- Ensures that laws respond to the will of humans
- Ensures that the laws satisfy the will used in harmony with God’s love, and correct the will used in disharmony with God’s love
- Empower and joy God’s Highest Creation (human souls) to independently create, rule, be responsible, compensated and saved
Principles of Desire (or Aspiration)
Human desire is the sincere personal expression of the soul’s present faith, can only occur in self-aware beings, is measured by its relative harmony with the Principles of God, is expressed by a desire or aspiration to an emotional state of the soul, motivates decisions, choices and actions, and differs from instinctual need. Desire is directed by what the soul has present faith in, and determines what the soul desires for its future. If will and desire are in harmony, change is impossible:
- Ensures laws respond to human desire
- Ensures that laws satisfy desire used in harmony with God’s love, and correct desire used in disharmony with God’s love
- Enables the potential for change, growth, development and transformation of the human soul into a Divine being with immortality by engaging God’s Principles of Redemption and Transformation
Principles of Redemption
Human redemption is the process of paying the penalty for sin and removing it from the human soul in order to return the human soul to its perfect condition of creation.
It is a will-based, self-sustaining process involving the strengthening of painful experience and the release of the emotion of sin. Forgiveness is accomplished through the “forgetting” of past sin, and the correction of the desire to sin.
Divine redemption occurs through the desire for a personal relationship with God. It is the process of willingly desiring, and enlisting the help of God to remove all the effects of sin and the desire to sin from the soul.
It involves recognizing that only God can remove all the effects of sin (since many effects have affected other creations), and asking God’s help to remove the cause of sin within the soul.
It is a process based on dependence on God, driven by desire that involves awakening to sin and becoming emotionally repentant toward God and all of God’s creations.
Forgiveness is accomplished by God’s response to the emotional desire for repentance, and the Love of God entering the soul to remove the effects of existing sin in the soul and the soul’s desire for sin.
During Divine redemption, we receive the Truth of God on any subject, and the soul is prepared for the eventual attainment of immortality.
The Principles of Redemption allow the human to see that he/she needs God to complete the process of total redemption into a new Divine creature, and that all subsequent development of human redemption requires God:
- Impose compensation on human will and desire
- Ensures human redemption through the will of the soul to recover the human soul in its perfect condition of creation
- Encourages a desire for Divine redemption to hasten the repair of the human soul, to begin to establish and develop a relationship with God, and pre-conditions the soul allowing transformation to the Divine to begin
Transformation is the potential offered to the human soul with a sincere and passionate desire (faith!)
1. to exceed its originally created condition and potentials as human, and
2. to allow Personal Love of God to be absorbed by the soul in order to transform the soul into an immortal Divine creature with the potential for infinite expansion.
The Principles of Transformation are the most complex of all the Principles of God, the Laws governing transformation through prayer, operating in and beyond all universes.
- Enables desire-based transformation of the human soul into a Divine soul
- Enables desire-based absorption of the Attributes of God by the human soul
- Allows the potential for the whole soul (both halves) to join in complete self-awareness
- Grants the gift of immortality to the transforming human soul
- Provides the potential for infinite expansion and expression of the human soul
* * *
We can now ask ourselves, at every moment, in every situation of our life: “How do I live in harmony/disharmony with these Principles of God’s Laws? » What is the cause of disharmony, and how do I remove the cause of it from my soul? »